Monday, December 5, 2011

SCAM: The Great American Photo Contest -- Entry-free $1,000 Pet Photo Contest

NO SPAM, PLEASE -- The Great American Photo Contest

I received the following mail enticing me to send the photo of my pet to enter the $1,000 Pet Photo Contest. According to the mail the entry into 'The Great American Photo Contest' is free and there's guaranteed monthly winner.

Frankly speaking; on first instance, I took it as genuine and thinking which photo I should send to them. Then suddenly I reminded myself that "Beware! Its a Cyber World", anything is possible here. I went on to search the term 'pet photo contests scam' and shocked to find out many websites hinting that it was a 'Scam through Spam'.

See the mail contents below before jumping to the few links that might tell you the real story behind this scam:   

=====================================================
From: Pet Photo Contest (multimarketonline@originalpromoclub.com)
To: shamood_2003@yahoo.com 
Sent: Sunday, 4 December 2011 5:02 PM
Subject: We need 31 pet photos now. $1000 Prize






To stop future mailings from The Great American Photo Contest, please visit this link (link removed by author) or write to:
Great American Photo Contest, 24 W. Railroad Ave, #139 Tenafly, NJ 07670


====================================================================


To read more about this scam use the following links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...